The Champions League Competition
We’re giving you until the 8th of May to predict which two teams will make it to the final of this year’s Champions League— 2 Champions League final match tickets and 2 Iberia Express tickets to Madrid are up for grabs!
When you spend at least €15 from any retail or food outlet at the Airport before security check-point between the 17th of April and the 8th of May, you will get a competition form to fill in and deposit into any one of our ballot boxes.
|Agenda Bookshop (Check-in Hall)|
|Costa Coffee (Check-in Hall)|
|Costa Coffee (Arrivals’ Hall)|
Mata International Airport – Champions League Competition Terms and Conditions
Last updated on the 25th April 2019
By submitting the relevant form and entering the Champions League competition, you accept and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- This Champions League Competition (“Competition”) is organised and run by Malta International Airport plc. (“Organiser”).
- To enter the Competition and be eligible to win, participants must over 18 years of age
- Participants may enter this Competition by completing the form provided from the airport retail outlets upon spending a minimum of €15 and following the instructions on the form.
- Any questions about how to enter, or in connection with, the Competition should be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com with “Champions League Competition” in the subject line.
- The prize will consist of 2 Champions League final match tickets and 2 Iberia Express tickets departing from Malta to Madrid on the 31st of May 2019 and returning to Malta from Madrid on the 4th of June 2019.
- All flights or any carriage by air provided will be subject to General Conditions of Carriage of the relevant airline prevailing at the time of carriage as well as the relevant applicable international convention (such as Montreal/Warsaw) and all and any limitations contained therein.
- The Prize does not include accommodation, airport transfers, travel costs to and from any airport, or any other cost/expense other than the flight tickets. All taxes and any other expenses must be borne by the winner.
- The winner will be required to make his/her own arrangements with regards to the necessary travel insurance, visas and other travel documentation required by him/her and any accompanying persons, at his/her own cost. The Organiser accepts no responsibility should the winner, and/or an accompanying person, be unable to obtain the necessary visas and/or other travel documentation to travel to the relevant country.
- The closing date for submission of entries is the 8th of May 2019 (the “Closing Date”) and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Organiser.
- There will be only one winner.
- The winning entry will be manually drawn at random after the end of the Champions League Semi-Final stage. The first eligible form which guesses the two teams that will make it to the 2019 Champions League Final, shall be notified by a phone call provided that sufficient details are provided on the form submitted. Such participant will be asked a skill-based question, which must be answered correctly in order to win the Prize.
- If the participant with the winning entry cannot be reached by phone within 3 days, or, is reached but does not answer the question referred to in clause 11 above correctly, the Organiser shall draw another form and offer the Prize to another participant. The process will be repeated and another form drawn at random, until a winner is found and responds to the skill-based question correctly. The winner will be entitled to the prize.
- More than one entry per person is permitted.
- The Organiser is not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of error by the participant.
- Incomplete entry forms will be grounds for disqualification and removal of participant’s submission.
- The Prize(s) must be taken as offered. No cash equivalent or other alternative prize(s) will be given, except as provided for in these terms and conditions.
- All Prizes are non-transferable and are non-refundable. The Company reserves the right to substitute Prize(s) of an equivalent value should the Prize(s) become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept the Prize(s), then the Company reserves the right to award the Prize(s) to another participant.
- The winner will accept and use the Prizes at winner’s own risk. The Organiser will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained as a result or in connection with participating in the Competition and/or acceptance and use of the prize awarded. The winner agrees to indemnify and hold the Organiser and all its affiliates and employees harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the Competition or the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
- The winner and any travelling companion agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities, works or materials (“Promotional Works”) which the Organiser may reasonably require in connection with the Competition and the Organiser shall have the right to use their names, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any person for such use.
- The winner shall procure the travelling companion’s agreement to these terms and conditions.
- The decision of the Organiser in awarding the prize is final and binding and it shall not enter into any discussion with any participant or other persons regarding the outcome of the Competition.
- The Organiser reserves the right, exercisable at its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Competition, and to amend any of its terms and conditions and/or the prize to be awarded, at any time during the Competition, without the requirement to give any notice to the participants. Participants shall not have any recourse against the Organiser as a result of the cancellation of the Competition or any alterations of the terms and conditions and/or the prize.
- If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malta. Any dispute in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malta.