- All charges due to Malta International Airport by the aircraft operators or their representatives shall be paid prior to take-off.
- Charges are due in euros. Alternatively, payment is permissible with VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Multi-card, and US dollars (cash).
- Carriers (or their representatives) regularly operating to/from the airport in Malta may establish credit facilities with the Company.
- Credit, supported by an acceptable bank guarantee, will be given at our discretion.
- Charges will be billed at the end of the month and settled within 30 days from date of invoice.
- Late payment entitles the Company to withdraw credit facilities and recall any guarantees forthwith.
Landing charges at Malta International Airport are assessed on the basis of the maximum permitted weight authorised by the Certificate of Airworthiness (hereby referred to as MTOW).
Standard rates will be assessed in accordance with the following schedule:
Fixed Wing Aircraft
MTOW not exceeding 12,000kgs
- 1.33 euro per 500 kg or part thereof
MTOW exceeding 12,000kgs
- Fixed Charge: 30.98 euro
- Variable Charge: 1.89 euro per 500 kg or part thereof in excess of 12,000 kgs
50% of standard charges for fixed wing aircraft of similar weight
Tariffs are not applicable for helicopter services between Malta International Airport (MLA) and Gozo Heliport (GZM)
A special rate of 25% of the standard landing fee may be applied solely for training or testing purposes for personnel and/or special aircraft equipment. Prior written application for the granting of such special rates should be made to:
Malta International Airport plc
P.O. Box 1
Luqa – LQA4000
Tel: +356 2369 6617
Fax: +356 2124 9564
Night charges to Malta International Airport apply if:
- Aircraft arrives during day-time and takes-off during night-time
- Aircraft arrives during night-time and takes-off during day-time
- In the case of landing and/or take-off at night, charges are increased by 25%
Night time at Malta International Airport is defined as:
- 20:00 hrs to 05:00 hrs local time – 1st April to 31st October
- 19:00 hrs to 06:00 hrs local time – 1st November to 31st March
AIRCRAFT PARKING CHARGES
Subject to conditions below, aircraft parking fees at Malta International Airport are based on total space occupied (i.e. the product of wingspan and maximum aircraft length). The minimum parking charge is 0.77 euro.
Calculation of Charges
The Airport’s standard charge for each 24-hour period or any time exceeding 6 hours will be assessed in accordance with the following:
- MTOW not exceeding 2,500kgs: 0.77 euro for each 24-hour period or any time exceeding 6 hours
- MTOW exceeding 2,500kgs: 0.10 euro per 10 square metres of occupied space (product of an aircraft’s wingspan and its maximum length) or part thereof, for each 24-hour period or any time exceeding 6 hours.
PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE
An aircraft owner, operator, or representative must pay Malta International Airport plc a passenger service charge for each departing customer from MLA.
Malta International Airport’s standard charge for each departing passenger is 15.84 euro
This charge does not apply to:
- Passengers in direct transit (arriving and departing on the same aircraft)
- Infants under two years old
The standard charge for each departing passenger is 2.19 euro
This charge does not apply to:
- Direct-transit passengers (arriving and departing on the same aircraft)
- Infants under two years of age
PASSENGERS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY (PRM)
An aircraft owner, operator, or representative must pay Malta International Airport plc a PRM service charge for each departing on an aircraft from Malta International Airport.
The standard charge for each departing passenger is 0.70 euro
AIRPORT SLOT ALLOCATION
No operator shall operate to or from Malta International Airport without first obtaining a slot from Schedule Coordination Malta (SCM).
Any general, business, or whole plane cargo service aviation operator who uses Malta International Airport without obtaining prior permission from Schedule Coordination Malta may be prohibited by Malta International Airport plc airport company from operating, especially during peak traffic periods. This rule stands unless, in the opinion of Malta International Airport plc, an aircraft was required to land because of an emergency or other circumstance beyond the operator’s control.
Airport Slot Allocation
Schedule Coordination Malta (SCM)
Tel: 2369 6617 / 2369 6219
Fax: 2124 9564
(Office hours Monday to Friday)
Aerodrome Operations Unit
Tel: 2369 6168 / 2369 6159
Fax: 2124 9564
Ground Handling Service Providers
Air Malta plc
Ground Operations/Ground Handling
SITA: MLAKOKM – 24 hr services
Fax: 2124 2006 – 24 hrs services
Mobile: 7949 4423 (24 hours)
Ground Handling Coordination
Tel: 2299 9262 / 9243
Fax: 2169 2495
SITA: MLAGGXH / MLAGLXH
Ops: + 356 2369 6421
Fax: + 356 2369 6422