Last Updated On: 19/07/2021 at 09:40
Requirements for Entry into Hungary from Malta
Passengers travelling with a valid EU Digital Covid Certificate:
Given that the EU Digital Covid equivalent to the immunity certificate recognized by Hungary, passengers arriving in Hungary with a valid EU Digital COVID Certificate may enter the country without restrictions. A PCR test certificate will not be required, and passengers will not need to quarantine or apply for an exemption from quarantine.
Otherwise, only persons who hold a Hungarian immunity certificate or an immunity certificate issued by Serbia, Montenegro, Bahrein, Croatia, Turkey, North Macedonia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Mongolia, Republic of Moldova, Slovenia, Cyprus, Albania, Morocco, Slovakia and Ukraine are exempted from the restrictions on entry.
Passengers who can prove that they have tested positive for Covid-19 and recovered within the past 6 months may also enter Hungary without restrictions.
Passengers travelling without a valid EU Digital Covid Certificate:
Foreign nationals may only travel to Hungary without a valid EU Digital Covid Certificate if they are:
- taking part in Hungarian court proceedings.
- carrying out business or other activity justified by a letter of invitation issued by a central government body, an individual regulatory body, or an autonomous state body.
- receiving health care service, certified by a document issued by the health care institution.
- attending an educational institution or sitting for a required exam. This must be certified by a document issued by the educational institution.
- taking part in cargo related passenger traffic if the aim of the travel is either to get to the cargo transport’s point of departure, or to get home after carrying out such cargo transport duty. This must be certified by a document issued by the employer.
- participating in family events (wedding, funeral, baptism, etc.)
- taking care of a relative.
- participating in an international sports, cultural or religious event of a special significance.
- travelling to Hungary for other justifiable reasons.
If you are a Hungarian resident or citizen returning to Hungary from Malta, you must observe a 10-day quarantine period.
If you present a negative PCR test result upon your arrival and undergo another PCR test at least 48 hours later, you will be not be required to observe the full 10 days of quarantine.
Forms and Declarations
Foreign nationals wishing to enter Hungary for any one of the reasons listed above must apply for an exemption online here. The form, which should be completed prior to departure, can be completed in English or Hungarian.
For the latest information regarding entry regulations for Hungary, please click here.
Requirements for Entry into Malta from Hungary
For the latest information regarding entry regulations for Malta, please click here.
Before booking a flight, we advise you to contact your airline for guidance in relation to health and safety protocols at your destination or any airline specific requirements in place. Airline contact details may be found here, while our airport’s flight schedule is available here.